Calendar

Monday, February 19, 2007

NYAA (Silver): Application is Open

Dear Nemesizzlers,

Your NYAA (Bronze) will be submitted on 21 Feb 07.

I believe you now have an idea of the purpose of the scheme in helping you become the kind of person you would want to be. Hopefully, you have developed the qualities of self-reliance, perseverance and sense of responsibility.

As for the NYAA (Silver), participation is encouraged but it is not a must. It is expectedly more demanding and will require more in terms of commitment and determination. Which means you have to be clear of your motivations for taking it up.

So for this round, I am asking you to sign up voluntarily under COMMENTS to this post. To sign up, you will have to write a statement (no more than 50 words) sharing why you want to take up the Silver programme. By signing up, you are committing to personally follow through
  • 30 hours of SERVICE (with Marine Parade FSC)
  • 3 days of outdoor adventure (sec 3 camp OR ATC)
  • 6 months of skills development (campcraft) &
  • 30 hours of physical recreation (1* & 2* kayaking)
and to journal your experiences consistently and reflectively.

Application for NYAA (Silver) will be open from 22 Feb 07. You can see me to get the application forms after you have signed up in the comments section. I hope to see the same enthusiasm as we did for the Bronze application when everything came in within 48 hours.

I will submit the applications on 2 Mar 07.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YiWei's statement for NYAA

I want to join NYAA silver because I feel that it can help me in various ways.

Firstly, it allows me to provide service to the community. In doing so, I will also be able to get 30 CIP hours. Also NYAA silver enables me to improve my skill in various activities and also to learn new things, for example kayaking and campcraft.

NYAA also helps me to improve in my developing process, as I will have to be disciplined to fill up the diary consistently and to make sure that I attend the physical recreation and skills training.

Finally, I have already done NYAA bronze and therefore I am more clear about what I have to do to achieve the award. It is also a challenge for me as the requirements for NYAA silver are more demanding, therefore, I will be able to learn how to set reasonable goals and try my best to achieve them.

157 words

Anonymous said...

I want to join NYAA silver because I feel that by joining NYAA silver, I can foster closer bonds with my fellow Squad mates by doing all activities together with them.

It forces me to self motivate myself to do activities such as CIP which I am sure I would not bother doing should I be given a choice. I would also pick up skills from doing kayaking and campcraft and such stuff may turn out to be useful for survival in the future.

NYAA also instills within me a sense of discipline as I would have to constantly be filling my diary and I would also have to be innovative to write good journal entries.

Last but not least, I feel that NYAA silver will be a challenge I have never embarked on before. This challenge will allow me to gain new skills, learn new things and help me to know more about my strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous said...

I want to join NYAA silver because i feel that by doing so it can help me into becoming a more disciplined and responsible and kind person through the service part and I can learn new skills like kayaking and campcraft. It also helps me have a sense of discipline and responsibility as i have to constantly update my diary. Joining NYAA silver will also help me in my studies as i will have to write report on what i have done. Finally i want to join nyaa silver because it can build squad relationship as we would be doing the activities together.

Anonymous said...

I would like to do NYAA Silver as i will be able to do new activities And since i'm going to do these activities, I might as well try to win an award for it.
I want to try and learn to be more disciplined as i've to fill up my diary regularly .
i want to join nyaa silver because it can help me build better relationship with my squadmates as we would be doing the activities together. Finally i want to get the silver as i have already attempted bronze.
-Sakib 3c